This great kiln fires to 2000F. Great for silver metal clay, glass bead annealing, fusing, ceramics, and more! Features high-tech ceramic fiber firing chamber in a steel inner case. This allows the outside to remain cool due to air circulation between the inner and outer case.
- 8 ramp hold program with digital Sentry Xpress controller
- door opens 180°
- top vent plug for lost wax casting
- 12 amps — household outlet
- 8"x8"x5¾" interior space
- 2"x2" clear ceramic window
The heat of the kiln is magical and offers wonderful surprises. Stained glass, enamels, and ceramic glazes undergo a complete transformation in the kiln. Opening a kiln to view your treasures is a festive moment that you will never outgrow. Artists have said, "Woohooo! Opening a kiln is a celebration!"
The digital SC-2 kiln with window fires silver clay, decals, china paint, enameling, and glass in minutes up to 2000°F. The SC-2 is popular with seminar teachers because it fires so fast, plugs into a 120 volt outlet, and is easy to sell.
The SC-2, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly affordable. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay silver to its recommended time.
The ceramic fiber firing chamber is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the layer of air between it and the inner case. In addition, the case is slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even at extended hold times.
The fast firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. The SC-2 heats from the sides and back. Each SC-2 includes a ¼" thick ceramic fiber shelf.
Glass View Port
Watch the bright red kiln interior through the SC-2's 2" x 2" glass view port. (Note: always wear firing safety glasses when viewing the kiln interior.) The glass view port is guaranteed up to 2300°F.
The view port is especially useful for glass fusing. Watch the glass progress through every stage of firing to the precise stage you desire.
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the "Additional Information" section below to review these features in more detail.
The SC-2 can ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.