The Xpress-E-14A fires to 2000°F. Create breathtaking jewelry or small keepsakes in silver clay, enameling, china painting, glass, lost wax casting, or ceramics. Since the kiln opens from the front instead of the top, it is ideal for copper enameling.
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this kiln. Make small bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroics. This kiln will give you years of creative enjoyment.
The Xpress-E-14A comes with the Sentry Xpress digital controller, which is mounted in the kiln base (instead of a side switch box) to save table space. The front control panel is tilted for easy operation.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on the Xpress-E-14A
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the Additional Information section below to review these features in more detail.
A 1/2" hole is stamped into the steel door case and includes a brushed stainless steel cover. We have left the firebrick behind the hole undrilled so that you can drill it to the exact size that you need for a peephole, vent hole, or extra pyrometer hole. (Most people do not need the hole and leave the firebrick undrilled.)
The Xpress-E-14A heating elements, exposed in dropped, recessed insulating firebrick grooves, are easy to replace. The 2 1/2" thick firebricks store plenty of heat for slow cooling through the glass annealing range. For small glass pieces such as jewelry, you can anneal without having to turn the elements back on during cooling (Extra heat is necessary for annealing large pieces, however).
Unlatch and open the door with one hand. No extra stand is needed; the built-in base stays cool during operation.
Paragon kilns are built to be dependable. They are loaded with attention to details, such as the costly nickel-plated copper wire with high temperature glass-braided insulation. Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns.
PLEASE NOTE: This kiln weighs 131 pounds. It is delivered on a freight truck and the shipping does not include inside delivery. You will be responsible for taking it from the truck driver and carrying it inside. If you want inside delivery that is extra and will need to be arranged at time of purchase. The truck pulls up and you are responsible for everything. If you want inside delivery or lifting off the truck, that is extra. If you want to be called when the truck is coming out for delivery that is extra. Sorry...these are the charges from the trucking company, not us.
An optional switch is available that will turn off the elements when you open the door. This is available for a $60 additional fee. Please let us know if you want this added to the kiln in the comments section. NOTE: some countries require this and it will have to be added to the kiln or it can be turned away at customs.